The next Geography Services User Forum (GSUF) will be held on 4 May 2017 at the BEIS Conference Centre, Room C3, 1 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0ET.
This year’s theme is Joining Up Geography and Statistics.
The morning session will discuss how we share best practice and standards to harmonise our use of geospatial data with statistics– who is/should be responsible/lead? Are there overlaps or gaps? How can it be more effective?
After lunch we discuss examples of how users are successfully joining up geography and statistics, and providing the open data and tools for everyone to do the same.
The International Picture
- Driving progress through projects such as Sustainable Development Goals and the Earth Observation Data Service.
The UK picture
- Harmonising the use of geographic data for statistics through the Public Sector Mapping Agreement, Government Statistical Service (GSS) committees, Geography Policy and Geography Champions, the Central Government Group on Geography.
Networking LUNCH (provided)
- Discovering statistics through geography (developments in ONS)
- Discovery through Linked Data (developments in Defra and across government)
- Managing electoral geography changes (Boundary Commission for England and Wales)
- Tools for sharing data/best practice
Who should attend?
The forum is for anyone who uses ONS’s Open Geography products and services or has an interest in using UK geographic data and services to produce, analyse or understand statistics. If you are interested in attending and contributing to the Forum please register your interest here
(01329) 44 4971
We are available daily 08.30 – 4pm
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access Open Geography products at http://geoportal.statistics.gov.uk
Follow us on Twitter @ONSgeography