Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
Location: 1 Victoria Street, London.
Salary: £49,900 £58,312 (plus allowances)
Grade: Grade 7
BEIS are looking for a Grade 7 statistician to lead a statistics team of three GSS (including this post) within a broader multi-disciplinary team in the Smart Metering Implementation Programme. The broader team is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the delivery of the smart meter roll-out, including consumer research, evaluation, trialling and benefits management.
You will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of all statistical and management information requirements, including:
- Developing monitoring outputs to inform BEIS decision making on the rollout, working closely with policy and delivery staff and senior officials.
- Overseeing the programme’s quarterly statistics release, in accordance with National Statistics practices.
- Developing new sources of information for the programme, including from the DCC – the central communications platform for smart metering, which will inform the programme’s future official statistics reporting.
- Managing relationships with external organisations, including energy suppliers and Citizens Advice.
- Providing methodological support and quality assurance on evaluation and policy research
- Providing statistical leadership in the programme, promoting good practice in the use, collection, and handling of data.
- Responding to PQ/FOI requests and queries on data held by the programme.
Closing Date: 18 March 2018
Civil Service jobs Reference: 1575499