Introduction to Data Visualisation
- 12th December 2019 9:00am to 12:30pm
- Office For National Statistics, Cardiff Road, Newport, NP10 8XG
This is the last of three GSS-wide courses featuring Introduction to Data Visualisation and Writing about Statistics. You can attend both courses, or just the one that suits you. There are limited places for these courses and they will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
This course aims to:
- provide an overview of good practice in the design and presentation of tables, graphs and maps and the use of colour
- outline the core principles and theoretical issues in the development of data visualisations
- explain how people think about data visualisations
By the end of the course, participants will have developed awareness of:
- basic design principles that can be applied to static tables and graphs to ensure effective communication
- how to apply best practice in the development of tables, graphs, maps and colour schemes
- the use of data visualisation for reference and demonstration purposes
How to book:
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.