Introduction to data visualisation
- 12th December 2019 9:00am to 12:30pm
- Office For National Statistics, Cardiff Road, Newport, NP10 8XG
This course aims to:
- provide an overview of good practice in the design and presentation of tables, graphs and maps and the use of colour
- outline the core principles and theoretical issues in the development of data visualisations
- explain how people think about data visualisations
By the end of the course, participants will have developed awareness of:
- basic design principles that can be applied to static tables and graphs to ensure effective communication
- how to apply best practice in the development of tables, graphs, maps and colour schemes
- the use of data visualisation for reference and demonstration purposes
Make a day of it!
This course is being delivered as part of an event where the Best Practice and Impact division will deliver two popular courses on one day:
- Introduction to data visualisation (9:00am to 12:30pm)
- Writing about statistics (1:30pm top 3:30pm)
You can attend both courses, or just the one that suits you.
There are limited places for these courses and they will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
How to book:
If you are interested in attending the Introduction to data visualisation course please contact email@example.com.
Find out more about the Writing about statistics course being delivered on the same day.