Writing about Statistics
- 27th November 2019 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Office For National Statistics, 1 Drummond Gate, London, SW1V 2QQ
This is one of three GSS-wide courses. This features three popular training courses – Introduction to the Code of Practice for Statistics, Introduction to Reproducible Analytical Pipelines (RAP) and Writing about Statistics. You can attend all courses, or just the ones that suit you.
This workshop provides guidance on how to write about statistics effectively, drawing on good and bad examples from across the GSS and beyond.
It covers the key components of statistical commentary, such as:
- main points
- context and interpretation
- use of plain English
By the end of this workshop, participants will have:
- understood the components of good commentary
- discovered tips on how to tell a statistical story effectively
- become aware of resources available to improve writing style and accessibility
How to book:
If you are interested in attending this event, please contact email@example.com.