Leadership and management training
The Civil Service Learning website offers training that provides support and advice for new and experienced managers and leaders (you will need to login or register to view these courses):
- Building your team: courses that cover how to inspire your team and build productive relationships.
- Dealing with challenging managing situations: covers how to hold effective discussions and maintain positive relationships.
- Leading people through change: includes learning on engaging through storytelling, and change leaders.
- Managing effectively: learn crucial skills on how to give feedback successfully and set clear objectives.
- Recruitment and selection: covers how to run and manage a successful recruitment process.
- Guides and resources for managers: see the range of advice and information available to help you.
Management and leadership programmes
Additionally, Civil Service Learning offers management and leadership programmes that develop effective management and leadership skills.
Suggested management and leadership programmes for the different grades of the statistics profession:
- Statistical Officer/Trainee Data Scientist: New manager programme
- Higher Statistical Officer/ Junior Data Scientist: Management fundamentals programme
- Senior Statistical Officer/ Data Scientist: Experienced manager programme
- Principal Statistician (Grade 6 and 7) / Senior and Principal Data Scientist: Stepping into leadership programme