2018-2019 MDataGov modules – applications are now open
Following the successful launch of the MSc in Data Analytics for Government in July 2017 and the delivery of a range of modules at ONS Newport and ONS Titchfield in 2018 by Oxford Brookes University, the Data Science Campus and the ONS Learning Academy invite you to apply for a MDataGov module in 2018/2019.
You can take the modules as a standalone course (assessment is optional) or as part of the full MDataGov programme. The MDataGov programme structure includes four compulsory modules (Data Science Foundations, Statistics in Government, Survey Fundamentals and Statistical Programming), eight optional modules to be chosen from a range of courses in Statistics and Data Science, and a dissertation. Current MDataGov providers are University of Southampton, Oxford Brookes University and University College London (full MSc only).
Some modules are also scheduled to be delivered at ONS sites (Titchfield and Newport). Please see more information below.
Please note that you will need to apply directly to the corresponding university. Also, please ensure you have discussed the funding for your studies with your line manager and budget holder. We are working to expand the list of providers from 2019-2020 academic year to cover other UK regions.
2018-2019 MDataGov modules at ONS (by Oxford Brookes University, subject to demand)
Introduction to Machine Learning
- 21st – 25th January 2019, ONS Newport
- 24th-28th June 2019, ONS Titchfield
- 21st-25th January 2019, ONS Titchfield
- 20th-24th May 2019, ONS Newport
Introduction to Distributed Systems
- 20th-24th May 2019, ONS Titchfield
Statistics in Government
- 10th-14th June 2019, ONS Newport
The modules above will each run over a full week, Monday-Friday from 10am until 4:30pm each day. The cost per module is £420. To apply please access https://goo.gl/n1b8Qe. Module descriptions are available in the link above. A Purchase Order number is required when applying. The closing date for application is 31st October 2018.
2018-2019 MDataGov applications (all providers)
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year are now open for all three MDataGov providers. More information below.
- University College London (full MSc only): deadline for applications is 27 July 2018. Projected fees: £14,520.
- University of Southampton (full MSc or individual modules): provisional 2018-19 timetable is now available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Fees: £9,000.
- Oxford Brookes University (full MSc or individual modules): please access the link provided for information on syllabuses and how to apply. A provisional list of modules to be offered at Oxford Brookes campus is below. Fees: £7,560.
Semester 1 modules: Data Science Foundations, Statistical Programming, Regression Modelling, Time Series Analysis, Introduction to Machine Learning, Data Visualisation.
Semester 2 modules: Statistics in Government, Survey Fundamentals, Advanced Statistical Modelling, Intro to Survey Research, Advanced Machine Learning, Introduction to Distributed Systems.