Accessibility and publications – what do you want to know?
Making our publications accessible is our responsibility as statisticians (see the Code of Practice for Statistics, Value pillar, principle V2).
The Good Practice Team are putting together some guidance on this.
- Accessibility: what is it and why should statisticians address it?
- Basis for this guidance
- What this guidance does and doesn’t cover
- Accessible formats – what you need to do about PDFs and other document formats
- Making written content accessible
- Making visual content accessible (e.g. images, diagrams and charts)
- Making data downloads accessible
- Building accessible data dashboards (this is a more complex section so it may be added at a later date)
- Tools to check accessibility
What else would you like to see covered in this guidance? What questions do you have about accessibility? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or post a message on the accessibility for statistical publications channel of the Government Statistical Service Slack workspace.