Art of the Possible – Data Science training sessions available in London
The Learning Academy is offering more ‘’Art of the Possible’’ sessions in London early in 2018.
This 2 hour bite-sized taught course is aimed at Senior Managers (G7+) across the ONS and GSS.
The course explains what new tools and techniques are covered by Data Science and the opportunities they present, so that leaders can provide a clear vision for their staff. The course explores what data science is, how it is being used in government and explores the issues and challenges around building the data science approach and toolkits into your own teams. It will demystify the jargon and provide some practical tips about tools and technologies (and share what is different about them). It will consider the “data science mindset” and discuss what it means for the way we work. The course will also explore how others across government have used data science to improve outcomes.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- understand general views of how data science and analytics are revolutionising the way we process and analyse data;
- understand core concepts in data science (What is “data science”, “machine learning”, “natural language processing” etc.) and how these techniques are being used today in government;
- consider how data science introduces different tools and ways of working, and explore how managers with data scientists in their teams can best support them to add value; and
- be able to explain some common misconceptions.
Method of Delivery: This is a 2-hour taught session, at the London, Newport and Titchfield ONS sites.
Target audience: This is aimed at Senior Managers (G7+) from across the ONS/GSS.
Event Length: Two hours
Cost and pre-requisites: This course is currently free to ONS and GSS staff. There are no prerequisites for this course.
The course is running on the following dates:
- Thursday 18 January 2018 – 13:00 – 15:00
- Tuesday 13 February 2018 – 13:00 – 15:00
- Thursday 15 March 2018 – 13:00 – 15:00
If you are interested in attending one of the sessions please follow the Eventbrite link on the date you you require.