MDataGov modules applications open until Friday 4 May
The Data Science Campus and the Learning Academy invite you to apply to take a module from the MSc in Data Analytics for Government (MDataGov).
You can take the modules as standalone course or as part of the full programme. But hurry – the closing date for applications is Friday 4 May 2018.
The offer is subject to demand and you will need to apply directly to the corresponding university, ensuring you have discussed funding for your studies with your line manager and budget holder.
We are working to expand the list of providers from the 2019/20 academic year to cover other UK regions.
MDataGov modules – Oxford Brookes University
Data Science Foundations, Titchfield
- 21 to 25 May 2018, module code P08801.3, cost: £420 per student, deadline for application: Friday 4 May 2018. Subject to a minimum of 15 students per module.
Statistical Programming, Newport
- 21 to 25 May 2018, module code P08803.2, cost: £420 per student, deadline for application: Friday 4 May 2018. Subject to a minimum of 15 students per module.
Regression Modelling, Newport
- 11 to 15 June 2018, module code P08811.2, cost: £420 per student, deadline for application: Friday 4 May 2018. Subject to a minimum of 15 students per module.
How to apply: Oxford Brookes CPD
The modules above will each run over a full week, Monday to Friday from 10am until 4:30pm each day. A summary of each course is available in the document OB Short Courses 2017-18 (PDF).
There are two different application options, depending on whether you are taking the module with assessment to gain academic credit (which can be used as part of the full MDataGov), or whether you would like to attend the course without submitting material for assessment as a CPD option.
In either case, please complete the PG associate application form and return it to MDataGov@brookes.ac.uk. You will need to specify which modules you want to take, including the Brookes’ module code, and you should indicate in your email which option (assessed or unassessed) you would like to apply for. You should also add on the form your sponsor’s name and address. Please note that assessed participants are also required to complete the PG Associate Reference Form (PDF) and return it to MDataGov@brookes.ac.uk.
MDataGov modules – University of Southampton
- Statistical Programming (R), 25 to 29 June 2018
How to apply: University of Southampton – CPD
MDataGov applications for the 2018/19 academic year
The MDataGov programme structure includes four compulsory modules (Data Science Foundations, Statistics in Government, Survey Fundamentals and Statistical Programming), and eight optional modules to be chosen from a range of courses in Statistics and Data Science.
Applications for the 2018/19 academic year are now open for all three MDataGov providers:
- University College London (full MSc only): deadline for applications is 27 July 2018. Projected fees: £14,520.
- University of Southampton: provisional 2018-19 timetable (PDF) is now available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Fees: £9,000.
- Oxford Brookes University: please access the link provided for information on syllabuses and how to apply. A provisional list of modules is below. Fees: £7,380.
Semester 1 modules
Data Science Foundations, Statistical Programming, Regression Modelling, Time Series Analysis, Introduction to Machine Learning, Data Visualisation.
Semester 2 modules
Statistics in Government, Survey Fundamentals, Advanced Statistical Modelling, Intro to Survey Research, Advanced Machine Learning, Introduction to Distributed Systems.
From Solange Correa-Onel, Data Science Campus Academic Manager.