New GSS website launches as public beta on Friday 4 May
The Good Practice team are pleased to announce that the new GSS website will launch as a public beta on https://gss.civilservice.gov.uk on Friday 4 May.
This exciting milestone follows a year long period of research and user testing sessions with colleagues across the GSS in over 25 departments. We want to thank everybody who has given their feedback to date and helped to shape this version of the site.
Getting prepared – what do I need to know?
To ensure the transition is as smooth as possible, we’d encourage you to:
- Browse the new site at https://gss.civilservice.gov.uk/ over the next week. We’d also encourage you to share the site with others in your department so they are aware, and you can continue to provide feedback via this survey.
- Sign up for the new GSS mailing list to continue receiving the monthly GSS newsletter and updates – this new list gives you control of the updates you receive from us. Remember – the need to log in to site has now been removed, so you won’t continue to receive updates automatically – it should only take you a minute to do this.
- Amend any communications you may have in department asking users to register for the site. Colleagues can now access all information on the GSS website without the need for this.
- Register for the GSS Slack network using your gov.uk email – an intuitive online space to connect across the GSS, replacing the current Community Groups.
- Content redirects from the current site should get you where you need to go once live, but if something’s not working please let us know – we will get it fixed as soon as we can.
What if I haven’t had chance to provide feedback yet?
We appreciate that we may not have covered everything and everyone in the development to date, so moving in to public beta will allow us to get more extensive feedback as the site is used in the day to day work of the GSS. You can either provide feedback via this survey or contact us via email. We want to make sure the site is working for you!
Our commitment is to make further improvements regularly based on your feedback to ensure needs continue to be met and that the site is always the place to go for all the latest news, events, vacancies, policies and guidance – an “Intranet for the GSS”.
We hope you like the new site – it’s still a beta, so if you see something that’s not quite right, let us know. We want to make the site the best it can be for you.
For more information, please contact the GSS website team.