Refreshing the GSS website – we need your help!
Since the turn of the year, significant progress has been made in the Good Practice Team’s work to refresh the GSS website aiming for a simpler but more effective design.
The new website, which no longer requires signing-in, will introduce some major content changes, such as:
- A streamlined “About” section – all the key information about the GSS and its Governance, available on one page.
- New look ‘Communicating Statistics’ content– getting you more easily to the support you need to communicate your statistics more effectively. Duplicated content has already been removed so you know you’re always getting the latest updates!
- Refreshed “Careers” and “Learning and Development” sections. Helping you find all you need to develop “Your Career” in the GSS in one area.
- Tired of wading through so many blogs to find what’s of interest? We’re switching to one stream of news and blogs from the home page, so you can always see the latest developments across the community!
- Community discussion using the existing Slack channel.
An initial prototype is currently in development, focussing on the core areas that you’ve told us you used the most on the GSS website, including the homepage, blogs and latest policies and guidance.
Can you spare some time to help us see whether we are on the right lines?
We are running some user testing sessions in London and Newport at the end of February, so contact the Good Practice Team if you would like to get involved.
We will have slots available at ONS Newport, and Helpful Technology, Barbican, London so register your interest today!