Access to and use of this site (https://gss.civilservice.gov.uk) is provided by the National Statistician’s Office (‘Us’/’We’) subject to the following terms:
- By using this site you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately upon your registration with https://gss.civilservice.gov.uk. If you do not agree to be bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use this site.
- We may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by us. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
1. Using this site
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene, or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
In order to use community parts of the GSS website you must complete the registration form. All information you supply when registering for the GSS site will be available to other members of the site (except your grade, which is not shown on your public profile to members except site administrators).
You can edit your personal profile at any time, by signing in to the GSS website, selecting “My Account”, then selecting “Profile”, and “Edit Profile”.
We allow access to the GSS site to members on the basis that they:
- are current civil servants (unless by agreement with the site administrator);
- provide accurate, current and complete information about themselves on any registration forms on the GSS site;
- maintain the security of their user name and password;
- promptly update the member profile, and any other information they provide to us, to keep it accurate, current and complete;
- on leaving the Civil Service, ‘contact us’ immediately, so that we can deactivate their account;
- are responsible for all actions taken under their username and password;
- do not create additional registered user accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the GSS site, or other users; nor do they seek to pass themselves off as another person or user; and
- they comply with the terms.
4. Links to external websites
Links contained in this site will lead to other websites that are not under our control.
We are not responsible for the content of any linked site. Listing and linking should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind and we accept no liability in respect of the content.
We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
5. Changes to / operation of the website
We may change the format and content of this website at any time or suspend its operation for support or maintenance work, in order to update the content or for any other reason.
Please be aware that the GSS site is not hosted in a GSi environment. Content protectively marked as “Restricted” or higher should not be shared on the GSS site. Also, like all other government systems, information on this website may be subject to Freedom of Information Act requests.
When you use the GSS site you will be able to share content with other members and will have access to content provided by certain other members. You are solely responsible for the content you post or make available on the GSS site. Any content you display on the GSS site is done so entirely at your own risk. You can also communicate with other members through the GSS site and you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for those communications. We are not and cannot be responsible for the behavior of members.
The majority of the information, data, text, software, photographs, graphics, messages, tags, or any other material (“content”) on the GSS site is generated by members. Content may be out of date and we make no commitment to update or remove the content. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, integrity or quality of any content on the GSS site.
Content is for information only and cannot be regarded as constituting advice or recommendations (professional or otherwise) and should not be relied on without taking independent advice. You are solely responsible for any decisions you take based on the content.
Images used as part of this websites content are copyright. You do not have permission to save or use any of the images published on this website outside of their intended use. Doing so will result in breach of copyright.
7. Member generated content
Most of the functionality on the GSS website (such as forums, document sharing, wiki, etc.) is provided to help communicators share materials, ideas, resources, challenges and solutions. Remember, this is a profession tool. Please ensure that:
- Any contributions you make are civil and tasteful;
- You do not post unlawful (including but not limited to UK libel and slander laws) or objectionable material. Material that is harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually explicit, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable is not acceptable and will be removed; and
- You have appropriate permissions to post the content (see copyright section below).
Remember your obligations under the Civil Service Code
8. GSS copyright
The National Statistician’s Office is a part of the UK Statistics Authority. As such the information produced on this website is subject to Crown copyright, which is administered by Her Majesty’s Stationery Office.
You may print, copy or download content provided always that:
- you acknowledge GSS as the source;
- all titles credits and URLs are included; and
- you comply with any legal notice contained in the content.
Please be mindful of information security and your intended audience.
Please note, you do not have permission to save or use any of the images published on this website outside of their intended use. Doing so will result in breach of copyright.