Awareness of new coding tools
- Open to
- All staff in the Government Statistical Service
- Training category
- Data science
- Type of training
- Face to face
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- Learning Academy
- Office for National Statistics
- London, Newport, Titchfield
This course aims to provide participants with an awareness of the new coding tools. We will compare them with R and Python and discuss when they are best used.
It is a non-technical course aimed at people with little or no knowledge of programming.
It is for those who want to know more about coding tools and how they can shape our work going forward.
By the end of this session participants will:
- know what R & Python are
- know the pros and cons of each
- understand why we are moving to the new tools
- have an awareness of DAP-E and how it relates to R & Python
- see examples of successful projects across the Office for National Statistics
- know how to get support
How to book:
Find this course on the Learning Academy eventbrite webpage.
To search the list of courses on eventbrite:
- Select “show more” at the bottom of the page.
- Press Ctrl+f on your keyboard if you’re using a PC or ⌘+f if you’re using a Mac.
- Type the name of the event that you’re looking for.
If you have any problems or are unable to find the course on eventbrite please contact us.