Government Statistician Group (GSG) Induction course
- Open to
- New members of the Government Statistician Group (GSG)
- Training category
- Government Statistician Group
- Type of training
- Face to face, Online
- Learning Academy
- Good Practice Team
- London, Online, Manchester
The Government Statistician Group (GSG) Induction course is for Fast Stream Assistant Statisticians, Statistical Officers, Data Scientists and anyone else who has been recruited into the GSG.
The aim of this course is to introduce you to statistics and data science across government and for you to hear first hand about some of the great work that is going on.
The course covers the following broad topic areas:
- the structure and independence of the GSG
- the Code of Practice for Statistics and the Strategy for UK Statistics
- the use of statistics and data science across government
- working with policy departments
- career management and development
There is no pre-course reading, but you should come along prepared to discuss what you do in your job.
A key objective for the day is for you to meet other members of the statistics profession and learn about what they do. The course will enable you to develop a network of colleagues that will benefit you and your career.
How can I book onto the course?
You should be invited automatically to attend this course at some point in the first six months of you starting your first post in the Government Statistician Group (GSG). If you have not been invited and think that you should have, please contact the Learning Academy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about this course, please email us at email@example.com.