Intermediate index numbers
- Open to
- All staff in the Government Statistical Service
- Training category
- Type of training
- Face to face
- One and a half days
- Learning Academy
- Office for National Statistics
- London, Newport
This classroom based session aims to introduce participants to the theoretical background to index numbers. The course also discusses the index number techniques used in practice, as well as aspects of price indices.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to understand:
- the definitions of value and value share
- Laspeyres and Paasche price and volume indices
- how to choose an index formula, from the axiomatic, economic and statistical approaches
- the use of domains and aggregation in calculating index numbers
- the definitions of deflation, referencing and linking
- the aspects of price indices published by the Office for National Statistics
- the wider uses of index numbers
How to book:
Find this course on the Learning Academy eventbrite webpage.
To search the list of courses on eventbrite:
- Select “show more” at the bottom of the page.
- Press Ctrl+f on your keyboard if you’re using a PC or ⌘+f if you’re using a Mac.
- Type the name of the event that you’re looking for.
If you have any problems or are unable to find the course on eventbrite please contact us.