Introduction to administrative data
- Open to
- All staff in the Government Statistical Service
- Training category
- Type of training
- Face to face, Online
- Half day
- Learning Academy
- Office for National Statistics
- London, Newport, Titchfield, Online
This course aims to provide participants with an introduction to administrative data by:
- explaining the differences between survey and administrative data
- highlighting some of the challenges when linking different datasets
- providing an insight into the legal issues around acquiring administrative data
By the end of the course, participants will have developed an understanding of:
- what is meant by the term administrative data
- the benefits and limitations of using administrative data
- how to access administrative data
- the principles behind matching and linking microdata
- assessing the quality of administrative data
How to book:
Find this course on the Learning Academy eventbrite webpage.
To search the list of courses on eventbrite:
- Select “show more” at the bottom of the page.
- Press Ctrl+f on your keyboard if you’re using a PC or ⌘+f if you’re using a Mac.
- Type the name of the course that you’re looking for.
If you have any problems or are unable to find the course on eventbrite please contact us.