Introduction to Continuous Integration
- Open to
- All staff in the Government Statistical Service
- Training category
- Analytical, Data science
- Type of training
- 2 hours
- GSS capability
- GSS Capability
This short course is designed to introduce learners to modern software development approaches. It looks at how DevOps, CI/CD philosophies and accompanied tools allow development teams to take care of issues that may lead to software failure. It focuses on Continuous Integration in particular and studies how this approach allows maximization of development time and efforts to help build software solutions faster.
This is not a hands-on course and will rather focus on underlying concepts that allow automation and monitoring of otherwise cumbersome development activities. The key motivation behind this offering is to equip learners with background knowledge usually required for advanced technical and hands-on courses on building modern development and deployment infrastructures.
- Describe the rationale behind using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as a formal software development methodology, along with its shortcomings.
- Describe in detail, the issues arising from inefficient code integration and their impact on the project.
- Explain DevOps lifecycle and how it uses continuous integration/deployment/testing and automation of processes to deal with shortcomings in SDLC.
- Explain how Continuous Integration allows teams to build code in a fast and efficient manner.
- List and explain key tools required to put continuous integration into practice.