Introduction to Data Linkage
- Open to
- Government analysts
- Training category
- Type of training
- Face to face, Online
- Four half day sessions
- Analysis Function Learning and GSS Capability
- Analysis Function Learning
The Government Analysis Function are pleased to announce a new trainer led course.
This course consists of a series of online taught classes, aimed at introducing participants to the principles, theory, and practice of data linkage.
Data linkage provides insight, informs policy change, and helps answer society’s most important questions by increasing the utility of data.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- understand the difficulties involved in data linkage
- know how to prepare datasets before matching and select matching variables
- know how to account for partial agreement of matching variables
- have reviewed different types of linkage methods
- know how to link very large datasets
- know how to evaluate the quality of their matches
- have gained practical experience in linking data
- have designed their own linkage methods
Participants will also be guided through exercises in coding their own linkage methods in Python. No prior coding experience or non-standard software will be required for these exercises.
How to book
To book a place on a course please email GSS.email@example.com