Introduction to data linking
- Open to
- All staff in the Government Statistical Service
- Training category
- Type of training
- Face to face, Online
- One day
- Learning Academy
- Office for National Statistics
- London, Newport, Titchfield
This course is aimed at providing participants with an introduction to the principles, theory and practice of data linking.
Data linking is playing an increasing role in producing statistics, to support a wide range of users and uses, through integration of data from multiple sources.
Please note that this course does not include any computer-based practical data linking exercises.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to understand:
- the difficulties involved in data linking
- desirable qualities of matching variables
- how to prepare datasets before matching
- different types of linking methods
- how to link very large datasets
- how to evaluate the quality of your matches
- how to link encrypted datasets
How to book:
Find this course on the Learning Academy eventbrite webpage.
To search the list of courses on eventbrite:
- Select “show more” at the bottom of the page.
- Press Ctrl+f on your keyboard if you’re using a PC or ⌘+f if you’re using a Mac.
- Type the name of the course that you’re looking for (please note in this case the course is called “data linkage” on the eventbrite page).
If you have any problems or are unable to find the course on eventbrite please contact us.