Introduction to index numbers
- Open to
- All staff in the Government Statistical Service
- Training category
- Type of training
- Face to face
- One day
- Learning Academy
- Office for National Statistics
- London, Newport
This classroom based session aims to introduce participants to the theory behind index numbers and the techniques used in practice.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to understand:
- the uses of index numbers
- the definitions of value and value share
- Laspeyres and Paasche price and volume indices
- the basics of how to choose an index formula
- the definition of deflation and referencing
How to book:
Find this course on the Learning Academy eventbrite webpage.
To search the list of courses on eventbrite:
- Select “show more” at the bottom of the page.
- Press Ctrl+f on your keyboard if you’re using a PC or ⌘+f if you’re using a Mac.
- Type the name of the event that you’re looking for.
If you have any problems or are unable to find the course on eventbrite please contact us.