Introduction to machine learning in Python
- Open to
- All Government Analysts
- Training category
- Data science
- Type of training
- 3 days
- Office of National Statistics
- Data Science Campus
Machine learning is becoming more and more integrated in modern data analysis. Before performing advanced prediction, basic concepts in machine learning modelling must be understood and applied.
In this course you will learn about a range of machine learning topic areas as well as how to actually perform the modelling operations using the Python programming language and the package scikit-learn.
This course is typically taught over three to four days. Each of the five chapters will take between two to four hours to work through. There are multiple supplementary case studies to help gain experience applying techniques taught.
At the end of the course participants will:
- understand what machine learning is and important considerations in machine learning workflows
- be able to process data to be machine learning ready
- be able to create simple regression models
- be able to create simple classification models
- be able to evaluate supervised learning models
- be able to optimise supervised learning models
- understand why dimension reduction is used
- be able to perform dimension reduction techniques
How to book
Please use your Learning Hub account to access introduction to machine learning in Python online.
If you do not have a Learning Hub account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org