Introduction to Pyspark
- Open to
- All staff in the Government Statistical Service
- Training category
- Data science, Using statistical computer programs
- Type of training
- Face to face
- 2 days
- Learning Academy
- Office for National Statistics
- London, Newport, Titchfield
This course will give you an understanding of Pyspark, the Python interface to the distributed processing tool Spark. With it, you will be able to handle huge data sets effortlessly, and process, query, and manipulate data which is beyond the reach of traditional programming languages.
Over two days, the course will cover the why and how of distributed processing, give a strong introduction to the key data structure of Pyspark, and teach you how to investigate data, combine it, query it and run complex transformations upon it.
With a hands-on approach, you will be writing a lot of code throughout the material, getting to immediately try out what you have just learnt, before finishing with a pair of case studies designed to combine everything you have learnt over the course.
Experience with Python is essential. No prior knowledge of Pyspark or distributed processing is needed.
By the end of the course you will:
- be confident using Pyspark
- have an understanding of distributed programming
- be able to import and export data
- be able to investigate data sets
- be able to manipulate data sets
- be able to draw conclusions from data
- be able to perform basic visualisation
- have the knowledge to handle large data sets with efficient code
How to book:
Find this course on the Learning Academy eventbrite webpage.
To search the list of courses on eventbrite:
- Select “show more” at the bottom of the page.
- Press Ctrl+f on your keyboard if you’re using a PC or ⌘+f if you’re using a Mac.
- Type the name of the event that you’re looking for.
If you have any problems or are unable to find the course on eventbrite please contact us.