Introduction to Python
- Open to
- All staff in the Government Statistical Service
- Training category
- Data science, Using statistical computer programs
- Type of training
- Face to face
- Two days
- Learning Academy
- Office for National Statistics
- London, Newport, Titchfield
This is a newly redesigned two day course with a week between the sessions to allow assimilation of learning and time to practice.
Learners must commit and sign up to both days by registering for a ticket for each day separately. Anyone who does not have a ticket for both days will be removed from the course.
This course focuses on applying skills and building confidence, independence and resilience so that you can continue your learning beyond the classroom.
By the end of the course you will:
- be confident using the Python environment
- be able to import and use module
- be able to perform basic coding
- know how to create and use data
- know how to import and export data
- be able to manipulate basic data
- be able to perform descriptive statistics
- be able to perform linear regression
- be able to perform basic data visualisation
- gain hands-on experience of working in Python
How to book:
Find this course on the Learning Academy eventbrite webpage.
To search the list of courses on eventbrite:
- Select “show more” at the bottom of the page.
- Press Ctrl+f on your keyboard if you’re using a PC or ⌘+f if you’re using a Mac.
- Type the name of the course that you’re looking for.
If you have any problems or are unable to find the course on eventbrite please contact us.