Introduction to seasonal adjustment (face to face)
- Open to
- All staff in the Government Statistical Service
- Training category
- Type of training
- Face to face
- One and a half days
- Learning Academy
- Office for National Statistics
Note that the online training courses Introduction to time series, Introduction to seasonal adjustment and Introduction to forecasting should be completed before undertaking this course.
This classroom and computer-based session aims to provide participants with a basic introduction to the theory behind seasonal adjustment and the seasonal adjustment process.
An overview is also given of the US Census Bureau’s software X-13ARIMA-SEATS, which is the GSS recommended software for seasonal adjustment.
By the end of the course, through a mixture of theory and practical application of X-13ARIMA-SEATS, participants will gain an understanding of:
- the basic theory underpinning seasonal adjustment
- how to perform basic seasonal adjustment using X-13ARIMA-SEATS
- how to quality assure seasonal adjustment
- issues to consider when publishing seasonally adjusted estimates
How to book:
Find this course on the Learning Academy eventbrite webpage.
To search the list of courses on eventbrite:
- Select “show more” at the bottom of the page.
- Press Ctrl+f on your keyboard if you’re using a PC or ⌘+f if you’re using a Mac.
- Type the name of the event that you’re looking for.
If you have any problems or are unable to find the course on eventbrite please contact us.