Reproducible reporting with RMarkdown
- Open to
- All staff in the Government Statistical Service, All staff in the Government Statisticians Group (GSG)
- Training category
- Government analysts
- Type of training
- 2 hours
- Office for National Statistics
- Data Science Campus
An introduction to using R Markdown documents to produce reproducible reports, including:
- Embedding executable code and data into reports
- YAML headers and theme options
- Use of parameters
- Overview of markdown syntax
- Code chunks and chunk options
- Use of the rmarkdown::render() function to programmatically generate reports
The course is aimed at intermediate level programmers who would like to prepare their code for collaboration and improve their efficiency in producing report outputs.
- Have some familiarity with R.
- Are interested in creating reproducible reports.
- Aspire to be a reproducibility wizard!
By the end of the session, participants will know:
- the basics of markdown syntax and how to create code chunks
- how to build a fully reproducible report combining code and text using Rmarkdown.
- how to use parameters to add flexibility to reports in Rmarkdown.
- how to use rmarkdown::render() to render/knit at command line.