The Department for International Trade (DIT) are keen to find a data scientist who is interested in the opportunity to work collaboratively with the Office for National Statistics Data Science Campus, Government Statistical Service (GSS), Government Office for Science (GO-Science), Government Digital Service (GDS) and with DIT Digital Data and Technology.
The candidate will:
- exploit existing and new data on trade, including large government statistical data sets, open source and commercial data sets
- work with data scientists across DIT to build products and secure analytical access to sensitive data sets
- build statistical and analytic tools for goods and services and on tariffs, using techniques such as text mining to interrogate unstructured data
- work with the GSS trade data discovery project, to make trade data across government accessible, including developing Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- build a set of data visualisations of trade and investment using the latest data visualisation techniques
- enable and build necessary levels of data governance to enable secure access to data for wider DIT
Apply now on the civil service jobs website.