The role provides the opportunity to be at the forefront of exciting changes and developments in data handling and statistics production. As a senior delivery manager, you’ll play a key role in delivering an exciting work programme to completely transform the significant portfolio of statistical data products and services produced by the GSS.
You will be part of a specialist team leading our work to transform processes, data handling and embed our data strategy across departments.
- Advocate the use of agile delivery methodologies and ensure their appropriate use in the context of a wide range of projects.
- Build strong teams to ensure timely delivery of ambitious projects aligned with divisional and departmental priorities.
- Maintain delivery momentum by ensuring that teams deliver their commitments and remove road blockers and distractions.
- Challenge processes that are hindering efficient and streamlined delivery of projects.
- Lead, communicate and collectively own an ambitious vision and set of bold deliverables.
- Line manage and mentor a delivery manager, ensuring adequate professional development.
- Ensure that delivery practices and methodologies are aligned with similar teams in the department.
- Engage stakeholders across the department to ensure their data requirements are being met.
- Lead the commissioning and prioritisation of data related projects while managing business plans and risk management for the division to enable us to successfully deliver all our key outputs.
For more information, see Civil Service Jobs.