Deputy Head of Profession for Statistics
- Reference number
- Grade 6
- Role type
- Closing date
- 9 Jun 2019
- £62,200 to £70,394 and £4,245 pay enhancement
- Open to
- Members of the Government Statistician Group
- Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy
We are looking for a new Deputy Head of Profession (HoP) for Statistics in the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Are you a government statistician with a range of experience across government?
Do you have a good reputation for maintaining and improving quality in statistics?
Are you interested in leading and building a statistical community?
Do you feel comfortable in a leadership role among Heads of Profession and Deputy Directors, and reporting to Directors and the Director General?
- Ensuring that BEIS is compliant with all areas of the Code of Practice for Statistics and any other statistical requirements.
- Supporting and collaborating with colleagues through the development and implementation of Government Statistical Service (GSS) policies, in particular on quality and presentation.
- Being the central point of contact across the GSS community for BEIS, including developing relationships with UK Statistics Authority and Office for National Statistics, and contributing to cross GSS developments and initiatives.
- Providing advice and support on learning and development, recruitment and staff moves within BEIS.
- Supporting the needs of the statistical community within BEIS and its partner organisations.
- Leading the BEIS survey control function.
- Overseeing the quarterly BEIS Public Attitude Tracker official statistics publication and its contract management.
For further information, see Civil Service Jobs.