Environmental accounts statistician
This vacancy is for vintage Fast Stream Assistant Statisticians (FSAS) only. This means FSAS who joined the statistical fast stream scheme before September 2016.
A mid-term or senior fast streamer is required from February 2019 for the Environmental Accounts team within the Sustainability and Inequalities Division in the Office for National Statistics.
The Environmental Accounts branch produces and develops a wide array of outputs showing how the environment contributes to the economy and the impact that the economy has on the environment. The team works closely with the Natural Capital branch within this area of high public and political interest.
Lead on the development and compilation of the physical aspects of the environmental accounts. This includes estimates of Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Energy and Material use. These are produced under the framework of the UN System of Environmental-Economic Accounting.
- Responsible for the production of short policy relevant publications using physical environment estimates.
- Engage with a wide variety of stakeholders to obtain innovative data sources and effectively communicate environmental accounts outputs through multiple channels.
- Responsible for the production of Air Emission, Energy and Material use accounts to meet Eurostat regulations.
- Line management of a minimum of one Higher Executive Officer and one Executive Officer.
- Significant stakeholder management and engagement.
- Clearly communicating complex statistics to policy officials.
- Line management.
- Development of knowledge of environmental economics.
Other important information
- Some UK and potentially international travel expected.