- Reference number
- Role type
- Closing date
- 30 Jul 2018
- £60,316 - £71,058
- Ministry of Communities Housing and Local Government
MHCLG are committed to being an evidenced based organisation. This role is key to delivering that vision and supporting the department’s key policy objectives through:
- Developing improvements to the statistics life cycle to ensure that data is collected and processed efficiently and made available to those who need it in accessible formats.
- Working to exploit and bring in other data sources which can enhance policy understanding and monitoring
- Identifying needs of policy users for digital & data tools to enhance their use of data in the policy cycle
- is leading our work to transform our processes and data handling and embed our Data Strategy across the department
The role provides opportunities to:
- be at the forefront of exciting changes and developments in data handling and statistics production;
- engage in networks across government to learn from and share best practice;
- work with policy colleagues across the department to understand their requirements and support their use of data;
- apply and develop your strategic and innovative thinking;
- apply and develop your leadership, change management, communication and collaboration skills;
- develop understanding of latest technical solutions for data storage and handling
- be part of an analytical community with an excellent reputation in the department and beyond.
For more information and to apply please visit the civil service jobs website.