Head of Career Development and Inclusion
The GSS Careers team are looking for an enthusiastic Head of Career Development and Inclusion. With responsibility for setting the profession’s capability direction for statistical and data science practices across government you will help deliver the UK Statistics Authority “Better Statistics, Better Decisions” strategy. This exciting, challenging and highly influential position is also central to the Government Analysis Function mission for analysis to improve delivery outcomes for the UK.
You will drive the strategy for attracting diverse talent, building capability through the implementation of career frameworks and upskilling of analytical and non-analytical professionals in statistical and data science methods. You will lead and promote the use of loans, secondments and post rotations to develop and build a talented workforce.
As Head of Career Development and Inclusion you will support the National Statistician in his role as Head of the Government Statistical Service (GSS) and Chair of the Analysis Function Board, leading on the delivery of the Statistical Profession Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
Key responsibilities include :
- Lead and support Heads of Professions in government departments (and Arm’s Length Bodies) to embed the Statistician Career Framework and role profiles.
- Design and implement the attraction strategy for statisticians with Civil Service Human Resources, to manage the government talent pipeline for statistical and data science.
- Own the Statistical Profession Diversity and Inclusion Strategy (in line with the wider Civil Service Strategy) and its implementation.
- Lead and manage a small team to achieve the vision for the profession.
- Embed the Statistician Career Framework in departments with Statistical Heads of Professions and lead the linking of the Analysis Function Career Frameworks.
- Lead the management of Civil Service Resourcing who administer the Fast Stream to ensure the scheme design meets your career framework objectives as well as commissioning the GSS learning team to support your framework.
Closing date: 28 May 2018
Civil Service Jobs reference: 1583514