Head of Information & Analysis – NHS Digital
NHS Digital are looking for an experienced Head of Information and Analysis. The postholder will be central to the delivery of statistics, insight and business intelligence to improve outcomes for patients.
NHS Digital is the data and technology partner of the health and care system. We deliver critical national services, lead major technological change programmes, produce impartial statistics and hold health and care data in trust for the nation enabling world-class data science. All to provide safer, better care for patient and citizens. This is an exciting time join NHS Digital and be at the forefront of data analysis.
This fast paced and high-profile role requires you to interpret complex data and information whilst having a good understanding of its wider context. You will be proficient in building relationships with a range of clinical, professional, government and other bodies.
You will be responsible for developing a clear strategy for the function and provide leadership to a team of over 50 staff.
Reporting to the Chief Statistician, you will contribute to the service and financial performance of the team and related key performance indicators. You will have the opportunity to lead on cross–departmental work, engaging with both senior management and key external stakeholders to ensure processes, methodologies and communications are consistent and aligned.
To succeed in this role, you are:
- A proven leader, with skills in managing, building and developing high performing teams to maximise their potential and meet organisational goals. You will be inspiring and motiving; getting the best out of large teams of specialist staff leading them through significant periods of change.
- A specialist in statistics and/or business intelligence and how these can be used to add maximum value to customers.
- Highly numerate and passionate about using existing data or innovative techniques to deliver customer expectations to make a difference to people’s lives.
- Focused on continuous improvement and striving for excellence in the statistics/ business intelligence field.
- An excellent communicator with consultative skills, forging great relationships with customers and creating “win – win” situations from potentially conflicting objectives.
- Adaptable and able to make decision in a changing environment
- Able to grasp detail of complex policy and data areas quickly.
- Aware of wider developments: keeping up to date on statistics / intelligence trends in the marketplace and public sector ensuring our organisation is using the most suitable techniques and skills.
Whilst the role is based in Leeds, you will be required to travel to other NHS Digital offices across the country.
For more information on the role and an application pack, please go to the NHS Digital website. Reference number: 00617