Head of Publications and Quota Management
The Marine Management Organisation (MMO) is an executive non-departmental public body of the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. We license and regulate marine activities in the seas around England and Wales so that they’re carried out in a sustainable way.
We’re responsible for:
• Managing and monitoring fishing fleet sizes and quotas for catches.
• Ensuring compliance with fisheries regulations, such as fishing vessel licences and quotas for fish and seafood.
• Managing funding programmes for fisheries activities.
• Planning and licensing for marine construction, deposits and dredging that may have an environmental, economic or social impact.
• Making marine nature conservation byelaws.
• Dealing with marine pollution emergencies, including oil spills.
• Helping to prevent illegal, unregulated and unreported fishing worldwide.
• Producing marine plans to include all marine activities, including those we don’t directly regulate.
This roles leads a team of statisticians focused on providing data, analysis and insight to support fisheries management, especially quota management, within the MMO. Alongside this the post holder is responsible for the MMO’s two flagship National Statistics badged publications. The post holder is expected to represent the MMO at stakeholder meetings and is part of the senior leadership team within the Operations Directorate.
For more information, see Civil Service Jobs.