Higher Statistical Officer – Covid-19 related health and NHS statistics
This is an exceptional opportunity to be involved in the Welsh Government’s analytical response to the pandemic. This crucial management role will sit within our Covid-19 Statistics Team and has the following responsibilities:
- managing the publication of daily/weekly data on coronavirus (COVID-19) hospital related activity, care home deaths and personal protective equipment (PPE); and leading on improving current internal reports and statistical releases
- supporting government business (e.g. Senedd questions, ministerial briefing) and answering media queries in relation to these areas
- responding to queries from the public on topics in these areas
- completing data returns to the United Kingdom (UK) government and Department for Health and Social Services, and updating regular internal reports
- this post will have management responsibility for a Statistical Officer
We are offering this opportunity as a loan or secondment. It is open to any analyst with experience of producing official statistics (e.g. Government Statistician Group members, members of the Office for National Statistics’ Research, Analysis and Statistics community, other analytical professions, “non-badged” statisticians such as those working in arm’s-length bodies).
It is possible to undertake this role working from home for the duration of the loan. For that reason, you can be located anywhere in the UK. However, if you would prefer to work from one of our offices (when it is safe to do so), that is also possible.
Please note this opportunity if only available on lateral, it is not available on promotion.
How to apply
To express an interest in this loan, please email Rebecca.Gillard@gov.wales outlining your previous experience, any relevant posts you have undertaken and any special requirements you have.
Given the time critical nature of the role, we’re looking for someone who can start as soon as possible. For this reason there is no closing date for this application process – please get in touch as soon as you can.
For further information about the role, please contact Alexandra.Fitzpatrick@gov.wales.