Higher Statistical Officer – Covid-19 testing and contact tracing analyst
This is an exceptional opportunity to be involved in the Welsh Government’s analytical response to the pandemic. This vital role will sit within our Covid-19 Statistics Team and has the following responsibilities:
- leading on the processing and publishing of weekly data on testing and contact tracing; including liaising with data suppliers to assess the quality and coherence of data
- further developing and improving regular internal reporting using contact tracing data and the statistical release
- completing data returns to the United Kingdom (UK) government and Department for Health and Social Services, and updating regular internal reports
- supporting government business (e.g. Senedd questions, ministerial briefing) and answering media queries in relation to these areas
- responding to queries from the public on topics in these areas
We are offering this opportunity as a loan or secondment. It is open to any analyst with experience of producing official statistics (e.g. Government Statistician Group members, Office for National Statistics’ Research, Analysis and Statistics community, other analytical professions, “non-badged” statisticians such as those working in arm’s-length bodies).
It is possible to do this role working from home for the duration of the loan. For that reason, you can be located anywhere in the UK. However, if you would prefer to work from one of our offices (when it is safe to do so), that is also possible.
Please note this opportunity if only available on lateral, it is not available on promotion.
How to apply
To express an interest in this loan, please email Rebecca.Gillard@gov.wales outlining your previous experience, any relevant posts you have undertaken and any special requirements you have.
Given the time critical nature of the role, we’re looking for someone who can start as soon as possible. For this reason there is no closing date for this application process – please get in touch as soon as you can.
For further information about the role, please contact Alexandra.Fitzpatrick@gov.wales.