Lead Statistical Analyst
The Higher Educations Statistics Authority (HESA) exists to advance education by collecting, analysing and disseminating data about the UK higher education sector. This is a really exciting time to join HESA as we continue our transformation with the strategic aim to be the analytical powerhouse for the UK higher education sector.
Further information about the role is listed below. In addition, please find full role profile on the HESA website (doc, 65KB)
We are looking for a Lead Statistical Analyst to join our team.
As part of this role, you will get involved in:
- Undertaking complex analysis of HESA data for Statutory/Official Statistics products
- Extracting, manipulating and quality-assuring appropriate and often complex data from HESA databases using advanced database query languages or data manipulation tools
- Undertaking statistical analysis resulting in written and/or verbal reporting
- Taking a lead role in the production of Official Statistics outputs, including the UK Performance Indicators, and contributing ideas for development of statistical measures
- Contributing expertise and statistical advice regarding the internal collection and analysis of data e.g. survey sample design, analysis of sample survey data and data quality assessment
You will be educated to Bachelors degree level in a subject containing a high proportion of statistical content, or have relevant work experience and knowledge. This will include experience of analysing quantitative data for both oral or written presentations, experience of statistical analysis software applications, statistical modelling, time-series analysis and knowledge of descriptive, inferential and/or multivariate statistics techniques.
Knowledge and interest in the UK Higher Education sector is desirable, as is knowledge of Open Data principles and processes.
HESA’s bright and modern offices are right in the heart of Cheltenham, situated on the Promenade – the proximity to the shops, cafes and bars make this an attractive location and provide opportunities for socialising.
We offer an attractive package with initially 22 days leave, increasing to 27 days, plus bank holidays along with extra agency shutdown at Christmas; flexible working; pension scheme and occupational health support.
It is planned that any suitable candidates will be interviewed at the earliest possible opportunity.
You can apply on the HESA website.