Learner Destinations Analyst
This post leads on the development, analysis and presentation of linked data on learner progression and destinations. An important part of the role will be engaging with the cross government data linking programme, the Longitudinal Educational Outcomes Study (LEOS).
Alongside an established cycle of education data linking, the data has huge potential in developing a wide evidence base around progress through the education system through to overall outcomes including employment.
The post holder will be required to work closely with colleagues in UK Government departments involved in the data linking programme, using a shared methodology and drawing on the expertise already gained. The post holder will also need to work with analytical and policy colleagues within Welsh Government from a range of teams across the education policy area, reflecting the broad interest in the potential outcomes form this area of work.
The main tasks for this post:
- lead on the management, cleansing, processing and analysis of education and employment linked data, including the development of experimental destination outcome measures
- work closely with the Welsh Government’s Destinations Study Project Manager, Department for Education and Department for Work and Pensions to ensure appropriate data sharing, data security and cross departmental protocols are in place, and to secure an annual schedule of data sharing
- manage the production of statistical outputs on learner destinations, including consulting with users and ensuring compliance with UK Statistics Authority requirements
- prepare school or college data packs on learner destinations and additional thematic and experimental analysis in response to policy needs
- work with policy colleagues to develop contextual analysis to support post-16 performance measures, to support the interpretation of statistics and aid understanding of the outcomes for different groups of learners
- promote statistical best practice ensuring compliance with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics
We are offering this opportunity as a fixed term loan or secondment up to 31 October 2021. It is open to any analyst with experience of producing official statistics (e.g. Government Statistician Group members, members of the Office for National Statistics’ Research, Analysis and Statistics community, other analytical professions, “non-badged” statisticians such as those working in arm’s-length bodies).
It is possible to do this role working from home for the duration of the loan. For that reason, you can be located anywhere in the UK. However, if you would prefer to work from one of our offices (when it is safe to do so), that is also possible.
Please note this opportunity if only available on lateral, it is not available on promotion.
How to apply
To express an interest in this loan, please email Rebecca.Gillard@gov.wales outlining your previous experience, any relevant posts you have undertaken and any specific requirements you have.
Given the fixed term of the role, we’re looking for someone who can start as soon as possible. For this reason there is no closing date for this application process – please get in touch as soon as you can.
For further information about the role, please contact Jonathan.Ackland001@gov.wales.