Senior Statistical Officer
The Defence Authority team is a split site branch (London and Bristol) consisting of one grade 7, two senior statistical officers (SStOs), two higher statistical officers (HStOs) and one statistical officer (StO).
The Defence Authority team is responsible for:
- Drafting and communicating statistical policy in the Ministry of Defence (MOD);
- Providing training and advice on the production, use and sharing of statistics;
- Producing Official Statistics;
- Monitoring statistical risks and issues in MOD and assisting people with statistical issues;
- Coordinating the publication of all MOD Official Statistics; and
- Programme management of the Analysis Function Board.
The post holder will work closely with the Head of Branch, the MOD Chief Analyst and analytical communities across the MOD. Key responsibilities include:
- Direct line management of one HStO and countersigning officer to one StO;
- Working with the Head of Branch, Chief Analyst and Head of Performance and Programmes to implement the Analysis Function strategy, ensuring evidence and analysis is at the heart of decision making;
- Forming close links with the ONS, UKSA, including the National Statistician and other departments; and
- Lead implementation of statistical policy, providing expert advice, communication and training on the Code of Practice for Statistics.
Apply on the Civil Service Jobs website.