Senior Statistician (opportunities across the GSS)
- Reference number
- Senior Executive Officer/Senior Statistical Officer
- Role type
- Closing date
- 6 Jan 2019
- East Midlands, London, North East, North West, Scotland, South East, South West, Wales, West Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber
- Government Statistical Service
Now is an exciting time to join the Government Statistical Group (GSG) as a professional statistician.
The Government Statistical Service (GSS) collects, analyses and publishes official statistics to help government, business, and the public understand the current state of the UK economy and society.
We are offering you the opportunity to work on high profile analysis and research across a range of government departments. You will work with energy and pace on analysis and research which will involve using large administrative data sources.
You will be working at the heart of government, in roles that really make a difference, including;
• supporting the transport network and infrastructure to keep the UK on the move
• safeguarding our natural environment to sustain a thriving rural economy
• supporting immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime, fire, counter-terrorism and police