The Higher Educations Statistics Authority (HESA) exists to advance education by collecting, analysing and disseminating data about the UK higher education sector. This is a really exciting time to join HESA as we continue our transformation with the strategic aim to be the analytical powerhouse for the UK higher education sector.
Further information about the role is listed below. In addition, please find full role profile on the HESA website (doc, 65KB).
We are looking for a Statistical Analyst to join our team.
As part of this role, you will get involved in:
- Undertaking analysis of HESA data for Statutory/Official Statistics products
- Extracting, manipulating and quality-assuring appropriate and often complex data from HESA databases using advanced database query language or data manipulation tools
- Undertaking statistical analysis resulting in written and/or verbal reporting
- Supporting the production of Official Statistics outputs, including the UK Performance Indicators
- Providing support and advice to users of Statutory/Official Statistics outputs.
You will be educated to Bachelors degree level in a subject containing a high proportion of statistical content, or have relevant work experience and knowledge. This will include experience of analysing quantitative data for both oral or written presentations and experience of statistical analysis software applications.
Knowledge of and interest in the UK Higher Education sector is desirable, as is some knowledge of statistical modelling, time-series analysis.
HESA’s bright and modern offices are right in the heart of Cheltenham, situated on the Promenade – the proximity to the shops, cafes and bars make this an attractive location and provide opportunities for socialising.
We offer an attractive package with initially 22 days leave, increasing to 27 days plus bank holidays, along with extra agency shutdown at Christmas; flexible working; pension scheme and occupational health support.
It is planned that any suitable candidates will be interviewed at the earliest possible opportunity.
You can apply on the HESA website.