Statistician at the Defence Authority
This is an exciting period of change for the Defence Authority.
We are responsible for:
- programme management of the Analysis Function in Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- producing official statistics
- drafting and communicating analytical policy and guidance in MOD
- providing advice on the production, use and sharing of analysis
- coordinating the publication of all MOD official statistics
- coordinating and providing guidance to support freedom of information requests and parliamentary questions.
As functional leadership is gradually being employed throughout the MOD we are due to launch the Analysis Function in the coming months. This role will play a key part in embedding the new Analysis Function within MOD and the role holder will be encouraged to contribute to any Analysis Function workstream that appeals to their interests, as well as looking for new ways to promote the function and contributing to cross-team projects and activities that could benefit the analysis community.
There is scope for the position holder to shape this role to according to their skills and interests, in addition to the responsibilities listed.
- Contribute to the production of official statistics.
- Annual analysis of military leave data, used by the Armed Forces Pay Review body.
- Support the development of the Analysis Function. This may include work on the standards workstream and other tasks arising with the implementation of the Analysis Function strategy, as well as suitable actions identified by the post-holder.
- Coordinate all responses to FOI requests and PQs for defence statistics and defence economics.
- Provide advice and guidance on FOI and PQ policy and process in MOD.
- Form close links with the office of the Chief Information Officer.
- Encourage compliance with the Code of Practice for Statistics in the MOD when announcing and releasing statistical publications.
- Drafting and providing training and expert advice on the implementation of statistical policy.
- Using Google Analytics and PowerBI to produce analysis on user access to MOD official statistics.
- Co-ordinate all MOD official statistics.
- Work with the MOD communications and statistical teams to ensure that publications are released on time and that the release calendar is accurate and up to date.
Apply on the civil service jobs website.