Supplier and market intelligence analyst
The newly created Suppliers and Markets Analysis (SMA) team is the Ministry of Defence’s (MOD’s) departmental focal point for assessment, advice, monitoring and reporting of the supply chain risk. The team aims to develop data science techniques to illuminate and map the MOD supply chain, provision of market and supplier intelligence and associated supply chain analysis.
The postholder will provide direct support to the Grade 6 Head of SMA in the production and design of a range of market and supplier intelligence analysis and products. They will support the department’s understanding and monitoring of its supply chains.
- Develop data science approaches to the support understanding and monitoring of MOD suppliers and their supply chains.
- Propose analytical techniques to strengthen customer trust in the evidence base for understanding shocks to the MOD supply chain.
- Assess methods for presenting and visualising data and justify decisions on data presentation in reference to these and to customer requirements.
- Assist the Grade 6 Head of SMA with developing proposals for potential techniques to map defence critical supply chains.
- Drive forward suitable technologies, tools and analytical techniques, leading on their application and acting as a main point of contact to ensure effective delivery within and across teams.
- Lead on production of range of supplier intelligence products including: Supplier Fragility Dashboard, a monthly Defence Supplier Watch List, maintenance of the MOD’s Critical Supplier Identification Tool, maintenance of the Company Tracker Tool and monthly supplier intelligence alerts.
- Evaluate these products to ensure that they are meeting the needs of different users and use information to feed continuous improvement.
- Co-lead on further developments in the supplier and market intelligence capabilities required to support MOD supplier activities and understanding on supply chain risks, including in the area of predictive analytics.
- Build the capability of others by sharing good practice with own business area.
- Help to design new techniques to analyse and visualise supplier performance data.
- Research new and evolving technologies, including open-source software.
- Make decisions around which methods and techniques to apply.
- Drive forward suitable technologies, tools and analytical techniques, lead the way in their application and act as a main point of contact to ensure effective delivery.
- Liaise with Cabinet Office colleagues to drive up efficiencies in the MOD approach, share supplier intelligence and analysis and ensure alignment with central government.
- Participate in cross government working groups to share and exploit data on markets and suppliers.
- Develop supporting analytical products to support the MOD Strategic Suppliers Partnering Programme.
Apply on the civil service jobs website.